Here, we are going to see how to install software required for developing an Android application. You can use any of the following ways to install android:
- Installation thru ADT Bundle on Windows 32 bit OS
- Use of Android Studio
- Setup Eclipse Manually
Installation thru ADT Bundle on Windows 32 bit OS
- Install JDK thru link Java Download and download Java.
- Visit link Android Installation thru ADT Bundle
- Download Android Software Development Kit 32 bit Download With Java
- Extract your folder in required path.
- Navigate to eclipse folder in your extracted folder and start ADT using eclipse.exe.
By Android Studio
It is the simplest technique to install required software for android application. It includes:
- Eclipse IDE
- Android SDK
- Eclipse Plugin
- If you download the Android Studio from android site, you don’t need to have eclipse IDE, android SDK and eclipse Plugin because it is already included in Android Studio. Just install it and start your application development.
- If you have downloaded the Android Studio zip file, extract it and go to eclipse IDE and start the eclipse by clicking on the eclipse icon. You don’t need to do any extra steps here.
By Setup Eclipse Manually
The list of software required to setup android for eclipse IDE manually.
- Install JDK thru link Java Download and download Java
- Download and install the Eclipse for developing android application
- For developing the android application using eclipse IDE, you need to install the Eclipse. you can download it from this location download the Eclipse
- Download and Install the android SDK.
- Download and install the android SDK
- Now double click on the exe file, it will be installed
- Install the ADT plugin for eclipse
- ADT (Android Development Tools) is required for developing the android application in the eclipse IDE. It is the plugin for Eclipse IDE that is designed to provide the integrated environment.
- For downloading the ADT, you need to follow these steps:
- Start the eclipse IDE, then select Help > Install new software…
- In the work with combo box, write http://dl-ssl.google.com/android/eclipse/
- Select the checkbox next to Developer Tools and click next
- You will see, a list of tools to be downloaded here, click next
- Click finish
- After completing the installation, restart the eclipse IDE
- Configure the ADT plugin
- After the installing ADT plugin, now tell the eclipse IDE for your android SDK location. To do so:
- Select the Window menu > preferences
- Now select the android from the left panel. Click proceed.
- Click on the browse button and locate your SDK directory e.g. my SDK location is C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk .
- Click the apply button then OK.
Running Android Application in Emulaor
For running the android application in the Android Emulator, you need to create and AVD. For creating the AVD:
- Select the Window menu > AVD Manager
- Click on the new button, to create the AVD
- Now a dialog appears, write the AVD name e.g. myavd. Now choose the target android version e.g. android2.2.
- click the create AVD
For more details, Visit :http://developer.android.com/index.html